Social Mobilization Awareness Research & Training (SMART) comprises a group of professionals with varied experience in the fields of media, education, health and development, who have come together to bring about real transformation in the lives of socially and economically backward communities. Social Mobilization Awareness Research & Training (SMART) endeavors to create an environment for acquiring knowledge and build capacities in the community for influencing the direction of social change.
SMART believes that literacy and information are major tools for promoting inclusive growth, eradicating poverty, increasing democratic participation and for empowering people.
- To bring about real transformation in the lives of socially excluded and marginalized sections of the population, especially women.
- To use mass media and new tools of communication to inform and empower communities
- To include women in the process of decision making, development and governance by providing leadership training and opportunities.
- To create alternative employment opportunities for the youth, bridge the digital divide and create a skilled man power that can face the challenges of the future.
- To increase the self worth of target groups through education, capacity building, and income generation skills.